Want to know more about me? Welcome! I’m glad you’re here 🙂
Hi. I’m Natasha. I live in Dubai but have found the feeling of ‘home’ in places scattered all over the planet.
There’s nothing I love more than to lose myself in the comfortable chaos of new markets, sweet exhaustion of scenic trails, fragrant aromas of foreign cuisines, stories of vibrant cultures, and the warm smiles of the amazing people that I’m lucky to meet. I’m most at home in Arctic landscapes and the countrysides of the world.
WATCH THE STORY
For a long time, I’d been chasing dreams that weren’t mine. When I finally understood what my dreams were, I changed course and that has brought me to true happiness. I believe that the first step towards happiness is letting honesty dictate the choices we make, and being honest to myself took a while, as it often does.
After a couple of years at a promising career in Finance, I decided to give my love of travel writing and blogging a fair chance and dived into it head first.
Why, you ask?
Because there was no time like the present to do what I really wanted to do. And because writing travel stories felt more ‘me’ than preparing financial reports. Today, I’m a full-time writer, photographer, content creator, and freelance journalist. You can see my portfolio of work here.
Since this blog’s (very) humble beginnings a few years ago, we’ve come a long way. I’m lucky to have connected with an amazingly supportive audience with a genuine interest in my stories. Keep reading to know 6 things about me.
6 Things To Know About Me Before You Decide If You Want to Hang Around
- I’m a true introvert. Not an extroverted introvert/ introverted extrovert/ socially awkward/ antisocial/ loner/ whatevs-they’re-calling-it-these-days. Just an introvert. I have tons of friends but less than five people who really know me. Small talk feels forced and unnecessary and drains my energy, even in blogging. So if I don’t have anything substantial to say, you’ll notice long periods of silence on the blog. I am not a machine and neither is my online presence, and there will be no churning out of nothingness. There’s a whole lot more I could tell you about introverts if you’re interested.
- I love Italian food, it’s my favorite in the world followed by Thai food. I think that food is a great way to experience places. I also believe that gelato is far more superior to ice-cream and if you don’t get the difference, you haven’t tasted real gelato yet. The only University of Gelato in the world also confirms. And I also think that stressing about sculpting a perfect body and losing sleep over love handles is completely pointless.
- I am a proud feminist and I think is feminism is a cause for all genders. In fact, I even wrote about why I loved Iceland as a feminist. I’ve been told since that I don’t get the entire picture, but I know what I know and feel what I feel as a feminist traveling alone mostly, so there’s that.
- Travel, or life for that matter, to me, is not a race. I don’t care about going to every country in the world. I don’t care about doing anything first or the fastest or the biggest. I only care about living moments where I truly feel alive and telling stories that make people feel something.
- Meeting people whose lives are fueled by passion, people who do what they do because they truly love it and envision their lives around things their gut tells them to do, sets my soul on fire. I love telling their stories. You’ll find these stories here.
- Travel is so much more than where to go, what to see, eat and do, and where to do it all. It’s more about how places makes us feel and how we pass through them. What we leave behind and what we take with us, in terms of more than things. These stories have an important place on my blog.
I hope my stories will make you want to get out, explore and live your own crazy adventures. The world is an amazing place and I’d love for you to join me as I see more of it.
If you’ve found my content useful or entertaining, or simply want to support my work as a Creator, you can do so here.
I share pictures from my travels on my Instagram and I’m also on Twitter, Facebook and Youtube if you’d like to connect, or feel free to say hello through this Contact Form. You’ll also find some of my best writing on Medium.
Thank you for reading!