About this website and me
I, Natasha Amar, the editor and owner of this website TheBohoChica.com am committed to the protection of the privacy of every visitor to the site. Browsing the site does not require mandatory disclosure of any personal information such as name or email address. Disclosing this information is optional and at the discretion of the user in agreement to the terms of usage stated by this site.
Data Protection Principles
I promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. My processing activities have lawful grounds. I always consider your rights before processing personal data. I will provide you information regarding processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. My processing activities fit the purpose for which personal data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. I only gather and process the minimal amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. I will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- I will do my best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- I will do my best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Information I collect
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website:
I may collect personal information from you such as your name and/or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, participating in a survey or contest, or by submitting a contact form. This is mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a service or to enhance your customer experience. I save the information you provide in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website.
When visitors leave comments on the site I collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you use my contact form to get in touch, the personal data you submit is retained indefinitely but I do not use the information submitted for marketing purposes. I may use your submitted email to reply to you.
I automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, data about your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website, is recorded. I may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked. This is mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a service or to enhance your customer experience. I save the information you provide in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website.
Cookies are small files that a site transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you leave a comment on my site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Only I can access the cookies created by my website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on my website. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using my service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of my website and services.
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Embedded content from other websites:
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Why I collect your information
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled but it won’t affect the users experience.
How I may use your information:
I may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future emails.
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts.
- To respond to your comments or enquiries.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding new posts.
- To personalize user experience and to allow me to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve this website in order to better serve you.
- To conduct questionnaires concerning reader/visitor/client satisfaction.
I might process your personal data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, I will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of personal data is suitable for further processing;
- the further processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for processing.
- I will inform you of any further processing and purposes.
Third Party Disclosure
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless I provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist in operating this website, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. I may also release your information when I believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect my or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Third-party use of personal information
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
Except when required by law, I will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, I may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of my business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of my assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, I may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit https://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
TheBohoChica.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
This website is also a participant in affiliate programs run by GetYourGuide.com, World Nomads, HotelsCombined.com and Commission Junction, among others.
On the Website, you may subscribe to my newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, I may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behaviour will not be passed on to third parties.
How I secure your data
I do our best to keep your personal data safe. I use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). I monitor my website, third party apps, plug-ins and other systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
While I cannot guarantee the security of information, I promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. I will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests, within 72 hours of when it comes to my knowledge. I will do everything I reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
How long your data is retained
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on my website (if any), I also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Rights related to your personal information
- Information – You have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in my emails. You may also notify me at [email protected] to be removed from my mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information I have about you by submitting a request to [email protected]
- Amend – You may amend your email subscription at the end of each newsletter or amend other personal information by contacting me at [email protected]
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that I erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to [email protected]
- Restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Please note that I may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law. The above rights do not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Sensitive personal information
I do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children or individuals under 16 years of age. I do not target children or individuals under 16 years with my services.
Updated May 2018